We're rather pleased with ourselves to take this fantastic role on today. Based near Waltham Cross in Hertfordshire we are looking for an experience Quality Manager to become Head of Quality for this fresh produce provider.
Core hours 7-4pm Mon-Fri however some out of hours working to ensure effective QA start up (6am) and close down (7pm) - support and guidance offered during all hours of QA operation when required
Team of 9 in the QA department that forms part of a larger food technical team
No requirement to work bank holidays, it is expected your team would be capable of providing the cover needed
- Annual salary circa 55- 65k -Dependent on the experience and knowledge of the applicant
- Annual pay reviews
- 25 days in addition of Bank Holidays.
- Stakeholder Pension
- Retail Discount membership.
- Health Care Cash Plan membership.
- Death in Service
- Further company tailored benefits achieved through service and commitment.
- Diligent and timely product quality assurance, quality assessment and product classification
- Supplier and product performance monitoring and reporting
- Accepting and supportive in finding new ways of working that simplify processes being efficient and effective by their nature
- Monitoring, reporting and supporting shop floor activities associated with food quality, safety and legality
- Guardians of the quality management system as it relates to operational activities (inspections, monitoring, reporting, resolution, audit and assessment)
- Effective cross functional working with all key departments (Primarily Warehouse, Secondary Procurement)
- Providing an on hand quality support function to our colleagues and customers
- Maintenance of 3 rd party accreditations and their associated quality management systems
- Internal auditing of business systems as required
- Business system IT compliance as it relates to the QA department including publication of routine KPI's and flash reports
- Supporting / Training of team members inside and out of your team on product defect management
Competencies / Skills/Knowledge & Experience:
- Highly effective people and team manager who can also work well with others
- Capable of interpreting customer quality standards and ensuring these are met but not exceeded
- Persuasive, resilient and capable of excellent communication across all levels of the business
- Broad experience in fresh produce quality assessment with knowledge across a number of categories
- Experience of working in a pressurised just in time environment
- Self-motivated multitasker
- High performing communicator across all levels, formal and informal
- Understanding and awareness of food legislation, food quality management systems, 3 rd party accreditation standards, HACCP and Food labelling
- HACCP and Food Safety Management trained
- Understanding of health and safety procedures
- Commercial awareness and understanding able to identify and maximise opportunities, minimise liabilities
- Flexible approach with the ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills
They need someone to have real-time knowledge of stock quality and to use this insight to support and enable the team to make the correct quality assessment decisions. Being In situ and hands on able to support intake and outbound QA teams by balancing awareness of seasonal and supplier changes with customer agreed specifications. To ensure QA administration team maintain the internal Quality Management Systems in accordance with legal, customer and accreditation standards. If you are an engaging manager who can take ownership but also understand your teams' role as an essential support function in delivering service and quality to all customers every day.