About The Role
PD&MS Group has an excellent and exciting opportunity for an experienced career minded Construction Professional to lead our successful and growing construction team based in Aberdeen. The successful individual will be accountable for the delivery of the Construction Function, assuming full ownership of the competence and capability of the team, acting as overall Technical Authority for the department, while ensuring industry standards are met and exceeded where possible.
The role will involve the management of personnel, liaison with all affected functions, and accountability for construction input to projects with responsibility for the provision of quality tender packages. To be considered for this role, you should have significant experience in Construction Leadership and people management, be customer and quality focussed and be able to understand, implement and adhere to the company HSEQ policy/strategy. Responsibilities
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, client, industry and international specifications and standards. Assurance that personnel under the Department Head's control comply with relevant documents
- Management of personnel and overall responsibility for the technical content and quality of work produced for Construction department.
- Accountable for coordination of all construction input to support delivery and to ensure design integrity and consistency, and effective support of discipline and project teams
- Identify and resolve any issue delaying design delivery / related procurement, irrespective of group / disciplines involved. Key aspect is to positively drive cross-discipline delivery and remove any blockers, assess dependencies between disciplines and ensure the correct sequence of workflow to provide optimal delivery and negate rework
- Identify specialist third-party input is identified and planned for execution at the correct time
- Oversee delivery of cost effective construction solutions that are fit for purpose, safe and add value to both PD&MS and the Client. Motivation of all construction personnel to do similarly
- Preparation / approval of estimates and tender packages
- Overall construction responsibility from receipt of tender / invitation to quote through to completion of the documentation package for all departmental work
- Overall technical authority for department
- Delivery of department deliverables in accordance with agreed schedules and priorities and ahead of the estimates in terms of productivity
- Representation of PD&MS with Clients, Suppliers / Vendors and Certifying Authorities in a professional manner
- Convening periodic departmental and inter-departmental production meetings
- Management of resources and timely identification of changes to resource requirements
- Management and direction of personnel in the safe and structured delivery of all project plans
- Management of labour, plant, equipment and vendors.
- Right-sizing of construction team and drive to utilisation of most cost effective resource where appropriate in delivering the work
- Review and monitoring of competence of construction personnel within the department. In conjunction with Lead Construction Engineers, management of shortfalls such as training, coaching, mentoring or other measures
- Ensure unsafe activities are challenged, and reporting of poor and good safety behaviour is undertaken by construction team members, including
- Ensure all construction operations are carried out in a safe, efficient and timely manner
- Periodic review of company procedures and policies, and effective development and improvement of those owned by the construction function.
- Proficient in the use of all ProTools
- Remain up to date with technical developments, client, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to the position
- Develop and implement trades resourcing strategy in line with market forces, ensuring a fit for purpose function which is adaptable for the energy transition.
The candidate should have the following skills and attributes:
- Team working
- Leadership and People Management
- Customer and quality focused
- Professional conduct
- Strong Safety Leadership skills and positive commitment to coach and foster PD&MS ideals in others
- Leadership and development of people
- Team management and team working
- Excellent communication, influencing and inter-personal skills
- Ability to understand wider project drivers and use this to effectively allocate key delivery dates and priorities
- Ability to understand and identify conflicting priorities and implement practical and effective compromise
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good organisational skills
- Commercial awareness
- Responsive to business and client needs
PD&MS delivers small, medium and large sized brownfield engineering and construction projects to both onshore and offshore facilities within the UKCS, and beyond.
In addition to our Oil & Gas delivery stream PD&MS are leading the way in the Low Carbon Energy Sector, as well as providing opportunities in Energy Transition and Cleantech sectors.
Our diverse portfolio presents opportunities to gain access and experience in these sectors.
We have an excellent track record for safely and successfully delivering a vast range of work; from simple repair order type scopes, fast-track production flowline delivery, to full management of integrated multi-discipline EPCC projects. We deliver across all phases of the project, from initial concept to installation, commissioning and close out.
PD&MS deliver Front End Concept & Feasibility Study Planning as well as detailed design, engineering, procurement and construction within the following specialist areas:
• Topsides Production Facilities
• Platform Drilling Facilities (Including Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (Modus)
• Onshore Facilities
These services are delivered through our core values, PD&MS Genes which represents what we do on a daily basis, the way we deliver and what our company stands for. Each Gene is underpinned by our safety message "without compromise to safety or quality", safety and quality do not stand alone as company values because they are integrated into everything we do.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.