Connells Group have a unique opportunity for an ambitious and career focused Estate Surveyor, to join a busy Estates Department.
The role will span across Connells Group Business s with particular focus on supporting the Estates Department in the management of its High Street Estate Agency offices and other Group offices/buildings. You will be assisting the Group Estates Director with statutory requirements throughout the Group s portfolio, day to day management of the portfolio with lease, legal and maintenance issues plus the company s acquisition and disposal programme.
We can offer this role a hybrid position.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Estate Management/Health & Safety / and Maintenance
- Understanding of CDM / Contractor Management
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel & working with spreadsheets
- Ideally experienced Chartered Surveyor - not essential
- Experience in managing High Street retail property portfolio - essential
- Competitive Salary
- Company pension scheme
- Purchase or sale of property benefits
- Access to special terms on building society services
- Personal Development
- Company Car
- Liaising with agents, landlords and tenants in dealing with rent reviews, lease renewals, break options and dilapidations
- Negotiating dilapidation claims
- Assisting with the management of fit-out & refurbishment projects
- Carrying out site inspections
- Attending meetings to represent Department/Company in property matters
- Liaising with external agents regarding business rates
- Point of contact for agents, landlords and tenants
- Dealing with vacant properties
- Assisting the Group Estates Director to prepare annual budgets
- Collating information to assist in providing monthly & annual Board reports
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects as and when required
Connells Group is one of the largest and most successful estate agency and property services providers in the UK and as of March 2021 also encompasses Countrywide. Founded in 1936 and with a network of over 1,200 branches nationwide, the Group combines residential sales and lettings expertise with a range of consumer and corporate services including new homes, mortgage services, conveyancing, EPC provision, surveying, corporate lettings, asset management, land & planning, LPA receivers and auctions.
Connells Group UK is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.