A vacancy has arisen within our Learning Support Team for a Level 2 Teaching Assistant. We are seeking someone on a full time basis for the 2020/21 academic year to support an increase of pupils with Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP).
Our Learning Support team is a highly dedicated team of practitioners who go above and beyond to support the needs of our pupils. We are seeking someone who is going to share their passion for education and pupil welfare. Experience working with children is essential, however, it is not essential that this is in an educational setting. We place a high value on finding the right person for our team, not just a list of qualifications. Our school is an over subscribed 11-16 provision with approximately 900 pupils on roll. We are part of a successful academy trust with 2 other schools and we strive to achieve excellence on behalf of our pupils.
This role would be ideally suited to a graduate who is aspiring to progress on into Teaching. Working alongside Teaching Personnel's Future Teacher's programme you will have access to high class CPD and essential Initial Teacher Training links for progressing your career.
It is vital that a candidate making an application to this role possess:
- A vibrant and creative personality
- The ability to manage disruptive pupils on a 1:1 and small group basis
- A desire to see pupils achieve their full potential
- Some experience working with children aged 11 - 16 (experience with other ages would also be considered)
- A degree would be beneficial, however, not essential depending on prior experience
If you think that you might be well suited to this role then please get in touch with recruitment partner Robert Higginbottom at Teaching Personnel Preston today!
Why complete a graduate role with Teaching Personnel?
- Work with specialist consultants to find the RIGHT role for you!
- Wide network of school employers to provide range of opportunities and experience
- Access to market leading CPD opportunities
- Collaborating with ITT providers to ensure your progression into teaching
- Flexible work where required - need part time work? We will find work to suit your needs!
- Competitive pay rates with our Minimum (£10/hour) exceeding National Living Wage
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see (url removed)/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.