Hampton Court House is a fast-growing co-educational independent school situated in beautiful riverside parkland between Richmond and Hampton in southwest London. The school has just over 300 pupils from Early Years through to Year 13. Hampton Court House was shortlisted for the TES Independent School Awards 2020 'senior school of the year .
We seek a team player who either wishes to develop or already posesses team management experience to lead our maintenance and cleaning crew. The job is varied and widely scoped where you will not only have exposure to compliance in a school setting, but you will need to know about Health and Safety and machinery licences. This may not always be a 8.00 - 5.00 pm role - you may be expected to work weekends or unsociable hours.
We are looking for someone with:
- Passion and care to support our teaching and office staff.
- Willingness to do a great job, above and beyond expectation.
- An awareness of Health and Safety and a desire to undertake jobs with this in mind and removing risk at every opportunity.
- A person who can adapt and flex tasks easily with ease.
- Organisation and a desire to keep on top of the administration and office based aspects.
- Team playing character - someone who is respectful and who gets involved but whilst have an air of management.
- A motivator who can ensure our team stay happy, healthy and who remain committed.
- A sense of delivery, work ethic as well as a sense of humour
- An interest in the peoples, cultures and languages of the world
This post would suit someone who has already secured a management role or would suit someone who is looking for the next step up and challenge. We want someone with ideas on better ways of working and someone who has diplomacy and assertion when dealing with difficult scenarios.
This is a busy role and you will need to keep calm and adapt to the different pressures in the school environment. However, our team are great and we will give you the right level of support to make you successful.
The above is not definitive and the successful candidate may be expected to assume additional responsibilities as reasonably requested by the Head.
Please note that we are unable to accept applications unless they are made on our own application form.
Due to the large number of applications the School receives, please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to be invited for an interview. We have the right to appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date.
Benefits include: Company pension scheme and free lunch.
Hampton Court House is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children. The School is registered with the DBS and successful applicants will be required to complete successfully the Disclosure procedure at the Enhanced level. It is an offence for a person barred from working with children to apply for this post. Hampton Court House is committed to Equal Opportunities and strives to achieve inclusivity and diversity within our community. Therefore, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.