The role reports to the Financial Controller and provides leadership, direction and development of a small team, controls, systems and processes within Ametek (GB) Ltd.
* Ownership of month end accounts process, delivery of accurate and timely management accounting, reporting and financial control.
* Assisting the Financial Controller in development and implementation of efficient, accurate and robust accounting processes, systems and policies.
* Oversee the monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring all accounts are reconciled, reviewed and signed off together with driving improvements in the effectiveness of the reconciliation processes.
* Promote improved cash management processes.
* Jointly evolve and develop efficiencies within the month end reporting.
* Aid preparation of annual budget
* Support the Financial Controller in the delivery of finance led projects.
* Work closely with overseas finance teams to ensure reporting is appropriate, compliant and timely.
* Contribute to the leadership of the team providing direction, motivation, development and coaching.
* Collaboration with internal audit and external tax advisors to ensure proper and effective compliance with all corporate and local regulations.
* Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes