Family Law Legal Assistant in Sheffield
We are recruiting on behalf of one of our prestigious clients, a legal firm situated in the heart of Sheffield.
This successful firm is looking for a legal assistant to join their Family Law team. They are looking for an enthusiastic team player, with experience within a family law firm, who are keen to join a growing team.
The ideal candidate will be supporting the MD and other lawyers within the firm and will be dealing with a wide range of work to include:
* Working along other legal assistants and assisting various Fee Earners in the Family department.
* Preparing documents, photocopying and scanning.
* Communicate with clients and others in a professional and friendly manner.
* Manage appointments, arrange meetings and deal with lawyers, clients, and others.
* Instructing Counsel.
* Ongoing day to day case management
Essential skills, knowledge and experience for this role as Legal Assistant:
* Previous experience working in a legal practice (essential)
* Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
* Self-motivated, enthusiastic and reliable
* Typing skills of 65+wpm.
* Ability to prioritise daily workload
* Great time management skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Professional and friendly telephone manner.
* Strong literacy skills with excellent attention to detail
* The confidence to work in a fast paced and demanding role
* A passion and ambition to assist family law clients
About your job search…
If you were searching for a Legal Assistant role in Sheffield but felt this position wasn't the right fit, Charleston Recruitment are still able to assist you with your search.
Many Legal Assistants seeking new opportunities are aware that although job titles can differ between firms, often the job specifications are similar. For example, if you see that we are advertising for a Legal Assistant job in Sheffield we may also be recruiting for a Legal Secretary in Sheffield as well.
As a tip for your next search, we have seen an increase in the need for Legal Assistants in Sheffield. If you possess this specialism skillset, make sure you highlight it in your application. Our partner companies view it as a demonstration of strong technical knowledge.
Charleston Recruitment specialise in placing legal and accountancy professionals in new positions. We can help you find the ideal Public Practice role that advances your career and keeps you on a trajectory towards meeting your professional goals.
If you have experience as a Secretary and would like to discover fresh career opportunities, please get in touch with us today