We are pleased to have taken on this exciting opportunity for a Factory Trainer with a large well respected processed meat Producer based just outside of Leeds.
Main responsibilities are-
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, management, and key discipline colleagues
- Be responsible for ensuring the company commitment on training and development is met within all the factory operations. Ensure all staff are trained in Factory Customer Specifications (Quality Training). Ensure all Staff are trained in relevant Factory Specification Procedures (FSP’S) as per requirements on the training matrix.
- Responsible for looking after the Training Matrix and ensuring that it is always kept up to date. You will- input training, updates, reviews, changes, maintaining, keep up to date with new procedures, input of new starters and skills.
- To keep and maintain a safe working environment for yourself and others. Responsible for ensuring that all staff with your area of responsibility have the relevant legal compliance training completed.
- To understand the importance of ensuring all statutory (industry guidelines), legal, food safety & customer requirements are met and ensuring staff under your Supervision are aware of the roles they play in meeting these requirements & adhere to established company procedures at all times.
- To ensure quality standards defined by the customer are achieved
- Complete, store / deliver relevant paperwork according to procedure to allow traceability etc.
- Provide on-the-job continuous training & development to all factory colleagues in accordance with the training plan and health and safety, hygiene, quality and operational procedures.
- Assist the Training Supervisor in the design and maintenance of an accurate record-keeping system including a training database across the site for job specific and individual specific activities.
- Provide training in accordance with the training plan in areas such as health and safety, food safety operations and other areas where applicable.
Hours of work- Monday- Friday 8am- 5pm (however flexibility around core working hours is essential)
Applicants must have great communication (multi lingual would be great) and organisational skills with sound pc skills (Microsoft Office Word, Excel & Power Bi) with the ability to build positive relationships, promote good morale, work as a team player, be energetic, innovative, willing to take on new projects and have cooperation within the team and hold a Train the Trainer qualification or willing to undertake the training for this.
In return the Company offers great benefits which include- discounts at various shopping outlets and supermarkets, discounted staff sales, extra days holiday for service, a fantastic pension scheme, a helpful beneficiary package and the Opportunity to invest in company shares amongst others.