We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done.
We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We're looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what's possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.
We are committed to being at the forefront of the industry's shift towards sustainable energy production - delivering both measurable social and environmental progress. Sustainability is an important part of our history and a critical element of our future. We are proud to have a comprehensive sustainability program that is embraced throughout the organization, and responsive to local goals and driven by local teams. Our sustainability focus is made up of three components which align with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGS) - taking climate action, creating opportunity, and empowering local teams.
Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, UK.
Stonehouse Technology Centre (SHTC) is the Schlumberger drilling Centre of Excellence. It supports Schlumberger Oilfield Services through innovative engineering and quality-driven manufacturing, with portfolio emphasis on rotary steerable systems, Measurement While Drilling tools, Specialised Measurement tools and Rechargeable Batteries for Downhole use, and power source products.
Over 300 employees work in SHTC's modern, fit-for-purpose building in scenic Gloucestershire. The facility was constructed to handle future demand for PowerDrive tools with an efficient workflow that ensures assembled tools are extensively and rigorously tested before delivery. On site, tools can be monitored using state of-the-art hardware and connectivity that link SHTC to all field locations.
SHTC continues Research & Development investment for new technologies, extending operational limits so that clients can reach hotter, deeper reserves.
To assist the Facilities Team with the general running of the Facilities department. Under moderate supervision to perform secretarial, administrative and organisational duties.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs administration tasks on the maintenance system.
- Compose and respond to emails and phone calls.
- Assist in the production of presentations for Facilities.
- Maintains files and databases for functional area and other locations as assigned.
- Prepare and submit shopping carts through the SAP system for Facilities, ensure purchase orders are raised and acknowledged by the supplier and book in work.
- On completion of the works ensure that the purchase order is receipted in the SAP system to ensure that the invoices will be paid when sent.
- Provide support to the Facilities technicians to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Assists scheduling of meetings, catering, and special department-related events.
- Liaise with other departments, particularly HSE.
- Comply with HSE systems, complete and maintain basic training, and risk identification reports.
- Such other duties as the management may at times reasonably require.
- Provide cover for reception in the event of staff shortages or at busy times
Qualifications & Experience :
- GCSE, A levels or equivalent.
- Evidence of successful secretarial and/or clerical experience in a busy environment.
- Experience in and M&E or contract control and advantage
- Good software skills and office skills including, but not limited to; Internet, e-mail, Microsoft office 365 applications, SAP, photocopier, etc.
- Basic knowledge of HSE and department orientation.
- May need to be familiar with basic accounting principles, invoicing procedures, office management, procurement, product line components and equipment, and/or purchasing.
BlueFlex (if eligible):
We are open to flexible, hybrid working with a combination of on-site & home working days.
What we can offer you:
Competitive base salary with bonus, private healthcare for employee & family, subsidised dental care, Health & Wellbeing programs such as the Employee Mental health support, health & wellness coaching, part employer and employee funded pension contribution, Income protection scheme, life insurance.
Other benefits are also available through the Schlumberger flexible benefits program.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.