Events and Conferences Officer
Full-time, permanent role
Hybrid, office-based/remote working model
£26,000- £32,000 per annum
Our client is a highly respected membership organisation whose members' activity drive change for the greater public good. With an international membership full of leading academics, their research shapes policy at a national and global level on topics as diverse as Student Loans to Pollution and Environmental Risk. We are very excited to be supporting this client to hire an Events and Conferences Officer.
Our ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, a high degree of enthusiasm, initiative and judgement, and experience of working on events both in-person and online. The successful candidates will be an integral part of the events team providing support to the Conferences & Events Manager, you will often be working autonomously, including with senior stakeholders.
What will my responsibilities be?
You will need to be able to prioritise tasks and think on your feet. In short, doing everything needed to deliver high quality and successful events. The role will require work away from London for the annual conference and will require occasional event attendance in the evenings in London.
Events delivery management:
* Support the Conferences and Events Manager in the administration, supplier research and VIP liaison for the organisation of key Society events including the President's Address, President's Dinner and the Statistical Excellence Awards Ceremony.
* Support external partners in the administration and organisation of events that are jointly run
* Liaise with staff or volunteer event organisers in advance of the event and assist with on-site and online event delivery as required
* Search and book suitable alternative venues for events that cannot be accommodated at our headquarters
* Manage the online registration process, including attendee communication and financial processing
* Update event web listings and assist with promoting events
* Attend and cover evening events when required to ensure smooth running
Conference delivery and management
* Working with the Conferences and Events Manager to implement the processes surrounding the annual conference
* Be responsible for the organisation of the attendee registration process, including communicating with attendees, and ensuring that financial processes are followed.
* Be responsible for organising and managing the evening social events at the conference
* Support the Conferences and Events Manager with other tasks relating to the conference organisation (including speaker coordination, exhibitor registration, venue liaison).
* Be responsible for the administration of the conference grant and bursary application process
* During the conference week, coordinate on-site registration and access to the online platform
* During the conference week, support the Conferences and Events Manager with the logistical delivery of the conference, including the management of a team of volunteer stewards
What skills and experience do I need to be successful in this role?
* Strong communication and writing skills, able to confidently and concisely communicate information to a wide range of people
* Experience in event administration, including working with event booking systems
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
* Strong coordination and planning skills and attention to detail
* Ability to evaluate information and communicate effectively
* Ability to work on own initiative as well as being part of a team
* Willing to travel and work outside core hours as required
* An understanding of the unique identity of membership bodies and the value of being a member
* Experience of a professional membership organisation and working with stakeholders/volunteers
* Experience of delivering online events
Pension: your contributions of up to 8% of salary will be double matched (making a maximum contribution of 16%)
Holidays: 25 days per annum pro rata plus bank holidays and an additional close-down between Christmas and the New Year period.
Other benefits: flexible working including working from home; season ticket loan; Employee Assistance Programme; staff welfare programme, professional development and training provision