A national house builder are looking to recruit an Estimator to work from their office in either North East or Scotland
This is an exciting time for an Estimator to join a successful team.
The group commercial teams are integral to the successful delivery of every housing site. The function serves as the linchpin between the Technical and Production functions and makes the reality of a housing development come to life.
The Estimator position is a crucial role in the team, one who's work sets the foundation for the ongoing commercial process.
The role requires a detail orientated and diligent individual that will work hard for the good of the entire team.
What you will do:
• Provide necessary information for land purchase exercise
• Liaise with the other departments to calculate all the prime costs on developments within the business
• Complete the land purchase exercise for presentation to the management team
• Report on savings and excesses against the approved and previous land purchase exercise to the management team
• Undertake regular site visits for new projects.
• Input and maintain any computer based estimating databases or systems.
A national house builder who are one of the largest in the UK.
They build properties, from one- and two-bedroom apartments to detached and five bed room houses with a broad price range including both affordable and private homes
It is likely you will have previously worked as either an Estimator,Senior Estimator,Commercial Manager,Quantity Surveyor, Assistant Estimator or Trainee Estimator in a similar house building environment.
Experience in housing is essential.
What you will have:
Wide experience in a similar role within the housebuilding industry
Strong knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements
Experience with managing information flow and strict business deadlines
A good knowledge of IT, preferably the COINS system
If you would like further information or discuss the role in detail get in touch with Lee Hopkin on (phone number removed)