ABOUT THE ROLE
Liberty Speciality Steels currently have an opportunity for an Engineering Manager based at our Stocksbridge site. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Engineering Manager is responsible for all aspects of maintenance and engineering across the site. The post-holder will have overall control of all maintenance, developmental, strategic engineering and technical activities and is functionally responsible for all engineering personnel.
The key purposes of the role are to maintain, develop and manage the Stocksbridge assets over the equipment life-cycle so that they are compliant with legislation, reduce risks to as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP) and deliver the necessary equipment capability and performance to fulfil operational requirements.
The Engineering Manager will control, manage and direct site-engineering activities as well as taking responsibility for safe and cost-effective maintenance of all assets at Stocksbridge.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Engineering Manager will deliver Engineering Excellence within Stocksbridge, using a framework covering;
* Asset Integrity - targeting the loss of containment across plant areas
* Improvement of maintenance practices using the CAMF (Company Asset Management Framework) process to give dependable processes
* CAPEX optimisation and delivery
* Technological improvements and best Procurement practices
* Benchmarking of performance and utilisation of KPI to monitor performance and drive results
* Talent and Competence development within the Stocksbridge Team
In addition, the Engineering Manager will undertake the following duties and responsibilities;
* To ensure that the Engineering Department achieves optimum plant availability. Recommends and directs actions to correct adverse deviations.
* To monitor and direct annual engineering expenditure in accordance with defined standards and negotiate contracts up to major project status.
* Continuous monitoring/appraisal of plant and equipment performance, compilation and presentation of capital expenditure submissions to improve plant performance, availability, reduce costs and improve plant assets
* Ensure that all legislative requirements are satisfied by establishing and maintaining statutory and mandatory equipment registers. Ensure regular monitoring and maintenance of environmental control equipment.
* Develop and manage energy improvement plans to deliver year on year improvements in kw/h tonne
* Direct and authorise future design and development requirements in order to meet strategy and capital plans. Direct and control all capital schemes in order to ensure that they are completed to time and within budget.
* Keep abreast of new technology and new techniques in process development and product improvement.
* Establish and maintain high standards of discipline, safety and housekeeping by monitoring and review of performance.
* To regularly monitor managers' performance and career development, in order to identify training needs to ensure an efficient team and viable succession plan.
* Foster, and extend other human resource initiatives.
* Negotiate with Trade Unions to ensure continuity of operations within National and Local Agreements.
The Engineering Manager will hold the following skills and experience;
* Preferably a Chartered Engineer with the IMechE or IET. Experience of leading large multi-disciplined teams in a face-paced and changing environment.
* Ability to develop and lead a high-performing team to optimise plant performance. Drive improvement through strategy development, long-term planning, co-ordination of resources, and the development and implementation of major capital schemes.
* An up-to-date knowledge and application of steel processing techniques and modern maintenance philosophies and practices. Familiarity with Trade Union negotiations and procedures
* 35 days holiday
* Up to 16% combined pension contribution
* Access to Occupational Health
* Career progression
GREENSTEEL - Come and be a part of our vision for a brighter future for the UK steel industry. Our mission is to transform steel and related manufacturing into a global technology and product leader through our GREENSTEEL strategy. Integral to this plan is sustainability, which drives what we do by using renewable sources where possible to reduce our carbon footprint.
Liberty Speciality Steels, a division of Liberty Steel, plays a significant part to this plan. We are the largest recycler of Steel in the UK and through using Electric Arc Steelmaking, Vacuum Induction Melting, Mill processing and our dedicated service centres, we are able to produce and supply a variety of high-value precision-engineered products for Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Industrial Engineering, Bar and Narrow Strip