Engineering Manager - Permanent Staff - Great Salary + Bonus + Benefits - Cumbria
Our leading process manufacturing client is seeking an Engineering Manager to join their organisation on a permanent staff basis. You will provide support to site operations in line with production demands and business goals by delivering an effective and efficient service across all areas related to Maintenance, Reliability & Mechanical Engineering.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* To ensure that all assets have suitable care programmes and effective routine maintenance plans set up in accordance with regulatory requirements and best practice - including site utilities and services to ensure the efficient use of energy.
* To ensure that an appropriate spares strategy is in place and maintained.
* To ensure that all necessary inspection records, drawings, etc. are maintained up to date.
* To implement, report on and drive improvements to appropriate KPI's to enhance functional performance.
* To manage capital projects and associated budgets and deliver on time in full. Oversee similar work undertaken by other personnel.
* To proactively identify Continuous Improvement opportunities to enhance business performance.
* To provide specialist support as necessary to assist in the safe and efficient operation of the production units to ensure production plans are met.
* To be the go to functional expert for all Maintenance, Reliability and Mechanical issues
* Maintain and communicate knowledge of best practice, new regulations and standards to ensure Site Operations meet regulatory requirements.
* Review and approve placement of contracts, initiating/managing negotiation of contracts for services required to support Site Operations.
* Responsible for the development of the Maintenance function's annual budgets and for the monitoring and control of maintenance expenditure by ensuring efficient work management and cost control/cost reporting by the Maintenance department.
* Approve, initiate development, audit and monitor departmental procedures and work methods to ensure consistent controlled productive application.
* To undertake other duties as may be required.
* To provide specialist support and advice to Site Management on engineering matters at all stages of the Company's operations to mitigate against major accident or incident.
* Implementation and control of standards used in the construction, inspection, operation and maintenance of plant and equipment to maintain the appropriate level of integrity.
* Liaison with statutory, industry and academic bodies on matters relating to construction, inspection, operation and maintenance of chemical manufacturing facilities.
* Responsible for the installation of new plant, and changes to existing plant and equipment, to appropriate standards within the Management of Change system.
* To act as the facilities subject-matter-expert on matters of mechanical integrity, including providing an appropriate review of 3rd party equipment assessment reports.
Qualification & Experience:
* Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline. Professional accreditation - a Chartered Engineer would be a bonus.
* Wide knowledge of engineering practice and plant maintenance within either chemicals, petrochemicals, refineries, COMAH sites or equivalent standards.
* Management of multi-disciplined departments in maintenance and project activities. Contractual administration and financial/budgetary control and management. Communication with Local Authorities, Health and Safety Executive, Contracts and Consultants.
* Line management responsibilities