Electrical Design Engineer/Technical Manager - Very good package and flexible working
I am currently looking to recruit an Electrical Design Engineer to undertake a Technical Manager role, to work for one of the UK's leading Trade associations, based out of their London office but flexible on location (remote/flexible working is on offer).
If you are an Electrical Design Engineer you want to work for a leading organisation offering long term prospects, job security and a leading benefits package (details below), please read on.
Reporting to the Technical Director, they are looking to recruit someone from an Electrical Design background to help lead, develop and deliver technical support services relating to Electrical design and installation best practices, and to be an authoritative voice within the Electrical Industry.
As a business they have a very strong client base and long term strategy/growth plans, so this is an exciting opportunity. This may suit someone who wants to step away from hands on design/project management, and progress their career within the advisory sector, using your expertise to help and guide others within the industry.
* Work closely with and assist the Technical Director to coordinate and provide high quality support in relation to Electrical standards within the sector.
* Provide representation on national standards on behalf of members and the electro-technical sector.
* Work and liaise with the technical team to produce expert advice on current legislation, standards, new technologies, relevant best practice and innovation.
* Prepare and deliver technical presentations and chair technical meetings.
* Maintain a watching brief over current and emerging legislation and standards, ensuring businesses are kept informed of developments.
* Maintain the highest levels of professionalism and confidentiality in all aspects of employment.
* Develop and maintain internal technical processes in ensure adherence compliance in relation to QA and industry standards.
* Provide help and assistance to clients, ranging from small independent consultants to major contractors.
Person Profile/Requirements for the role:
* Up to date Technical knowledge in relation to the Electrical sector, a very strong knowledge of IET regulations is required, so it would suit someone with an Electrical Design Engineer background.
* A knowledge of Design or Project Management within the Electrical sector.
* Quality Control and CAD/BIM system awareness.
* Strong Electrical Technical legislation/regulation knowledge.
* Ideally degree qualified in electrical engineering, but happy to speak to time served Electrical engineers.
* Experience within Building Services as an Electrical Design Engineer.
* Although they offer flexible working you will need to be able to travel to head office and also attend functions on occasion. They are open to applicants UK wide.
They are offering a basic salary in the £54-£58k region (potentially negotiable) and one of the best packages in the industry. This includes a car or car allowance (£6.5k), 35 hour working week, 12.5% pension, income protection, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays plus numerous other benefits.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer/Technical Manager to join a business offering a varied challenge, strong job security and long term prospects.
For more information on this Electrical Technical Manager role or if you would like to apply, please contact Dean Parry, Director of Emeya Recruitment. I am available 8am-8pm Monday-Saturday, and happy to talk after hours to suit you