Education Support Worker
Academic Appointments are currently supporting an Alternative Provision in the Wakefield area to recruit an Education Support Worker.
Due to commence after the Autumn half term on a temporary basis, however for the right applicant, there is potential the position could go permanent.
They're seeking an individual who is resilient, sporty, creative and possesses a keen interest in extra-curricular activities. Working to a varied, interactive curriculum, the successful applicant will be calm and adaptable to an always changing routine.
The role will involve:
* Working in classrooms to support class teachers in delivering lessons
* Addressing the needs of pupils who require assistance and guidance with their behaviour management to overcome barriers to learning
* Working with individual pupils to raise awareness of appropriate behaviour and responses
* Implementing 1:1 intervention arrangements with pupils
* Providing support for distressed and challenging pupils
* Supporting pupils with intervention programmes on a 1:1 and small group basis
The provision offers a high-quality education for pupils with a wide variety of special needs, SEMH, Autism, ODD and ADHD. Their focus is to increase learners' self-esteem and self-worth to encourage them to achieve.
In the school's recent Ofsted they were commended on the positive relationships between staff and their pupils, resulting in a reduced number of restraints. Pupils behave well because they trust the staff. The Headteacher and staff share the same ambition to improve the lives of their pupils as best they can, and this creates a nurturing environment.
* Team Teach Qualification or willing to attend a course
* Previous experience in supporting pupils with challenging behaviour
* Possess a commitment to developing the personality, talents, and abilities of all children
* Creative and passionate about meeting the needs of all children
* Ability to form positive relationships
* Well organised and enthusiastic
* Good level of Maths and English
* 2X references
* Valid DBS
Please send us a copy of your CV or give us a call on (phone number removed)
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. Policies, including our 'Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy', can be found on our website. Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business