£40,000 - £45,000
Monday - Friday - 37.5 hours a week
Industry leading experts, based in the Liverpool area have an exciting new opportunity for a E&I Technician to join their ever-expanding business on a permanent basis. This opportunity will allow the right candidate to develop, excel and make their own stamp within the organisation.
Always ensuring the highest safety standards, the candidate must be able to manage a busy, varied and demanding workload through investigating issues and prioritising effectively. Responsive under pressure, the role holder must be able to think on his/her feet and use his/her professional judgment and technical problem-solving capabilities in attending breakdowns and emergencies. The aim of the role is to apply world class maintenance techniques to ensure all the plant and process equipment operates to the highest standards of efficiency and effectiveness whilst maintaining safety, environmental, food safety and quality standards.
* Ensure that planned preventative maintenance tasks are completed to the expected standards.
* Use the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to log faults and report potential defects, analyse fault information, and record hours and materials used.
* Responsible for site instrument calibrations, ensuring critical instruments are kept up to date with inspections & calibrations as per site standards.
* Develop prioritised plans for maintenance activity ensuring that maintenance windows are fully utilised.
* Define site standards based on world class best practise and use this as a foundation for all site projects.
* Develop Preventative maintenance instructions based on breakdown history and root-cause analysis.
* Identify & implement reliability-based improvements/projects and drive the continuous improvement program across the site to achieve high asset utilisation at lowest cost of manufacturing
* Assist with electrical/instrumentation breakdown activity and planned maintenance tasks, including interrogation of computer software to ensure fault diagnosis.
* Use predictive maintenance techniques such as thermo-graphic imaging and ultrasound as well as experience, skill, and judgement to make regular assessments of the plant condition.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
* At minimum of 5 years within an industrial manufacturing environment
* Apprentice trained in Electrical & Instrumentation/Controls engineering with further experience.
* Experience of packaging automation
* Experience of PLC's (Siemens preferred)
* Educated to HNC standard desirable
If you are interested in the above position, please send an up-to-date copy of your CV or click the "APPLY" button.
If this position isn't quite the right one for you, but you are actively seeking a new position, please feel free to send over your CV/details as well