Red Snapper Justice are part of a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
We are recruiting on behalf of our Sandwell based client for Domestic Abuse Intervention Support Worker, this is a full time permanent position which offers a salary of £19,968 - £21,168.
Full driving license and access to own vehicle required for this role.
* Ensure the delivery of a high quality trauma informed service for victims of domestic abuse and their children leaving violence and abuse living in temporary accommodation
* Ensure that the accommodation is fit for purpose, meets health and safety requirements and is safe at all times
* Support the delivery and respond to innovative ways of working with victims of interpersonal violence based on good practice and evidence based research
* To make sure that the service is delivered in line with current legislation
* Maintain confidential case management records and databases
* Be an active participant of the relevant strategic plans ( Accommodation Specific Service) plans to ensure that it is reflective of client's needs
* Maintaining positive relationships with all stakeholders and attend relevant meetings when required
* Ensure all clients influence the development of the service to ensure that it is reflective of the changing needs of victims of violence and abuse
* Represent the organisation professionally and ensure high standards of service are maintained at all times internally and externally
* Ensure effective communication across all services are informed at all times of any issues that affect the effective delivery services within this service
* Maintain smooth running of the accommodation where there are multiple clients and their children. Addressing any tension, disputes and complaints in accordance with the clients policies and procedures
* Manage a case load ensuring each client receives the appropriate service individual to their needs
* Be responsible for the delivery of one to one and group work targeted domestic abuse intervention sessions
* Educated to degree level or equivalent GCSEs English and Mathematics - Grade C or above
* Evidence of continuing professional development and relevant professional qualifications/training
* Experience of working within homelessness/ supporting people/ care setting preferably within an accommodation setting
* Experience of direct work with vulnerable adults responding to their needs
* Knowledge of the Violence Against Women and Girls Strategy and the gendered nature of violence
* Knowledge of relevant Safeguarding Adults and Children legislation
* Knowledge and understanding of the impact of the nature of domestic abuse and its effects on victims and children and why perpetrators use abusive behaviours in relationships.
DBS is required for this role.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
If this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please feel free to refer them to us! We have a "Refer A Friend" bonus scheme and we will reward you retail vouchers for any referrals who are not already known to us and are successfully placed!
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer