Job Title: Distribution Site Technician
Location: Castle Donington, Leicestershire
Salary: £33,137.95 per annum (inclusive of an annual standby allowance of £2,020.98 per annum)
Benefits: Company pension scheme, BUPA (single cover), 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Hours: 40 hours a week - Monday to Friday
On call / Standby: 1 week in every 4
We are advertising this Distribution Site Technician role on behalf of our client 'City Facilities Management'. City were established in 1985 and the company has grown to become one of the world's largest privately held, integrated FM companies.
City has a unique business model and for over 30 years has provided leading maintenance, engineering, technical procurement & support in dedicated partnerships with National Blue Chip companies. City also has a global presence with offices in the UK, Europe, North America, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia.
The culture and values of City are shaped by being a family business with people at the heart of what they do. The business has ambitious growth plans and is keen to attract people who are passionate about delivering great standards and service to customers. In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, industry leading Induction and training through our City & Guilds training academy and the opportunity to develop and progress is only limited by your own ambition.
This is a key position, carrying out planned and reactive Electrical maintenance within the depot.
You will be the first line in all maintenance issues throughout the Depot.
The purpose of this role is to carry out technical repairs and minor PPM's. You will ensure that all technical and compliance paperwork is always completed and up to date. All work will be completed to the highest standards in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with the laid-down company Health and Safety policy.
* Complete the Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule within agreed timescales and to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed
* Respond promptly and positively to service all requests from the Helpdesk and to assess the requirements of the job and carry out repairs as and where necessary
* Prioritise maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed timescales and response times
* Conduct emergency lighting tests and repairs
* Identify non-repairable faults in plant and machinery and promptly advise the line manager of findings
* Ensure that compliance documentation is always completed and up to date
* Advise the on-site customer (manager) of any repair and maintenance issues that are likely to affect the smooth running of the site
* Carry out surveys and complete reports as required
* Complete general repairs and maintenance to customer sites
* Always comply with company Health and Safety policy
* You will be part of a 24/7 call out rota (1 week in every 4)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* City and Guilds 236 Part 1 + 2 or City and Guilds 2330 Levels 2 and 3 or NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation or equivalent.
* 17th Edition or 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
* 3 Phase Electrics and its applications
* Achievement of PPM schedule within agreed timescales
* Ability to repair and maintain a range of electrical and mechanical equipment
* Respond to service call requests within agreed timescales
* Candidates must have a full and valid driving licence and full use of their own motor vehicle.
To apply for this role please submit your full and up to date CV to Andrew Bridges at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED