As a Release Manager you will be joining an established but growing investment management company at an exciting period of change. It is a newly formed role and the right candidate should be a proponent of transformational change, with an excellent track record of taking on the challenge to improve the delivery throughput of a team.The ideal candidate should be driven to build highly scalable, fault-tolerant and easy to administer infrastructure for deploying, configuring, monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting services and applications.
You will be responsible for managing and improving the release of software throughout the software development lifecycle, including UAT, Pre-Production, Live and other ancillary environments.
Working closely with the developers and testers both in-house and external to ensure that the deliverables can be deployed in a consistent and automatic way and ensuring that any interdependencies are known.
Defining, publishing milestones, and working with the wider change team to ensure that the quality is met within the milestones defined. Sharing MI on deliveries throughout the entire life cycle of development, deployment, and delivery.
- Ensure that release schedules are successfully met.
- Overseeing deployments. Engaging with key stake holders to ensure expectations and communication are managed effectively.
- Collate KPIs on deployment, delivery and successes throughout development and deployment lifecycle.
- Define and implement best practice processes for release and deployment of applications and resources.
- Automate processes for deployment and application and service configuration.
- Coordinate with Development, test, and the wider change team to define working practices, recommended tooling.
- Identify training and areas for continuous improvement.
- Creation of an implementation roadmap for a continuous delivery strategy.
- Managing relationships with change, incident management and help desk teams.
- Define and update documentation including deployment plans, release notes, DisasterRecovery (DR), Port allocation, security logins and role names, etc.
- Maintain and update service and API directories.
- Support of DR testing.
- Environment coordination.
- Dependency management - ensuring that any third-party tooling is tracked and kept as up to date as possible.
Knowledge and Skills
Expert level knowledge/previous experience in:
- Software development lifecycle
- Delivering tools that provide automation across functions of code development andQA, configuration management, code branching and merging
- Windows deployment techniques for Web Applications, Windows services
- MSI technology (WiX, Wise or similar)
- Powershell or other similar scripting language
- Team Foundation Server
- Understanding of web application security (SSL, TLS,Firewall)
- Understanding of Network communication protocols (TCP, UDP, etc.)
- Understanding of different authentication mechanisms in windows applications
- Understanding of deployment of SSIS and SSRS artefacts
- Knowledge or use of API Gateways
- BizTalk Deployment Framework
- Knowledge of Docker or similar
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or similar
- Knowledge and experience of dashboards such as Grafana, Prometheus, Splunk, etc.
If you're an experienced Release Manager then please apply now to find out more...... click apply for full job details