Job Type: Permanent
An opportunity is become available for a self-motivated, conscientious and flexible scientist to join the expanding Process Development team working with my client who specialises in Antibody Manufacturing.
This a predominantly lab-based role working on the development and optimisation of all aspects of antibody production, from hybridoma growth, through purification and conjugation, to functional testing. The role will initially be supervised and directed by senior team members, but increasing autonomy will be encouraged.
- Tissue culture and re-cloning.
- Antibody purification by chromatography.
- Conjugation to labels including existing and new fluorophores.
- QC testing of antibodies in appropriate applications.
- Generation of transfected cell lines.
- Planning of projects and use of Design of Experiment methodology
- Writing project reports.
- 2 years post graduate experience in an industrial or academic laboratory.
- Good level of scientific numeracy and problem solving ability.
- Antibody application techniques (Flow cytometry, ELISA, Western blot).
- Expression cloning and generation of transfected cell lines.
- Protein purification using Chromatography systems.
- Tissue culture (> 1L culture volumes).
- Protein Conjugation.
- Minimum BSc in a Biological Sciences related subject