Willmott Dixon is looking for an experienced Data Analyst with strong Power BI experience to join our busy Data & BI team. You will have great interpersonal communication skills, as you will be constantly engaging with the business through various channels such as MS Teams and email, and you will need to liaise with our internal teams as well. The right person will work with our people to solve their data issues and deliver their reporting requirements.
Willmott Dixon has been on a transformational journey over the last few years. There has been a massive cultural shift towards agile and remote working. Our business has not only adopted, but also fully embraced new ways of working to strike a great work-life balance! This role can be done remotely but may require a presence at our head office in Letchworth Garden City occasionally according to business requirements.
We are making a massive investment in Microsoft technologies. Our adoption of Azure services is providing an extensive pool of the latest development technologies for our teams. If you aspire to work in an environment driven by the below human values and behaviours, Willmott Dixon is the place for you!
• Genuine and friendly
• Innovative and keen to improve
• Responsive to customer needs And let s not forget about our benefits package.
We would recommend asking about Willmott Dixon s Car Scheme and incentive scheme!
The key responsibilities / objectives of a Data Analyst will include: -
• Understanding business data and be able to provide insight and analysis through clear visual, written and verbal communication.
• Understanding the challenges that business users face, and use your guidance and expertise to empower them to make data-based decisions
• Confidently delivering targeted and uncomplicated training in accordance with identified business needs
• Build and maintain good collaborative working relationships with both internal and external project stakeholders
• Proactively identify areas for improvement and maintain a good knowledge of emerging best practices in the field of Business Intelligence
You will need to have proven experience of:
• Excellent analytical skills, a keen eye for detail, and an ability to interpret data and make evidence-based recommendations
• Strong knowledge and experience of Power BI and its capabilities (visualisations, DAX, sharing reports, how to access data, basic data modelling, Power Query and data transformation)
• Proactively liaising with people in both technical and non-technical ways
• Building strong internal and external relationships using excellent communication skills
• TSQL knowledge
• ITIL Foundation
• Relevant qualifications in statistical and analytical skills, such as maths or computer science.