Nearly all aspects of our lives involve the use of technology. It is how we work and play and do anything in between. This connectivity or use of data is built into the very fabric of our society. It is vital to human progress. Vertiv believes there is a better way to meet this accelerating demand for data - one driven by passion and innovation.
As an Vertiv Customer Engineer (Offshore) you will be an integral member of the Service Delivery team responsible for providing a Commissioning, Maintenance and Repair Service on UPS, charger and associated equipment supplied or maintained by the Company.
As Vertiv's face-to-face representative on site, your objective is to promote the company as a professional UPS service provider.
Compensation package: £28,000, basic salary, 25 days holiday, 8% pension, life assurance, income protection and health cash policy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Undertake the commissioning of complete UPS systems at a variety of sites onshore, offshore and/or overseas to either manufacturer recommendations or customer agreed SAT procedures.
- Appropriately and professionally respond to all requests for assistance (whether on-call or otherwise).
- Assist the Technical Manager / Delivery Manager with engineer working practice checks and the day-to-day operation of the department.
- Identify opportunities for sales of equipment, maintenance contract and replacement batteries/capacitors and pass such leads to Service Sales section.
- Be fully conversant with maintenance & service guidelines GL09, GL10, GL11 & GL23.
- Comply with all safety requirements as per company procedures & policies.
- HNC /HND in Electrical/Electronic engineering or equivalent, or
- 3 years experience as a UPS Service engineer, or
- 5 years in the Electrical/Electronic Industry or similar.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self motivated and capable of operating with minimal supervision.
- Clean Driving License.
- IT conversant - a laptop computer or equivalent is used for interfacing with the Company's products and for completing service reports and timesheets...... click apply for full job details