Do you want to work in a school in a school in the High Peak, Derbyshire?
Are you strong Cover Supervisor with experience leading classes?
PK Education want to hear from you.
PK Education are seeking Cover Supervisors due to an increase in demand for them at a school in Hope.
A cover supervisor is a staff member that will go into schools and deliver pre-planned work in the absence of the teacher.
The school require Cover Supervisors that are confident, polite and able to hit the ground running.
• Supervise the pupils in the absence of teacher
• Ensure the work set for pupils is completed to highest standards
• Provide feedback on the class
• Keep students engaged and focused
• Ensure a positive learning environment
• Monitor the behaviour of the classroom
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience working with children that we can reference
• Have an up to date CV and enhanced DBS.
• Be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who leads by example.
• Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Have strong qualifications, preferably degree educated but this is not essential
This role is great for anyone that wants to take a step up from being a teaching assistant, or someone that is seeking a bit of part time work to fit around their studying or other commitments. This is also a shining opportunity for any one seeking experience in various schools, before moving on to study a PGCE, as you can get to know what life in a school may be like.
As a Cover Supervisor you must be flexible, as you may be required to work in different schools on different days, and the school may require you to cover a varied range of subjects while at the school. As well as this, some schools will only require a Cover Supervisor for a few lessons out of the day, so willingness to complete part day bookings is also a requirement of the successful candidate. The great thing about supply is you can inform us of when you're free and not free and this means it's great for people that only have 2, 3 or 4 days a week free.
People who would make good Cover Supervisors:
• Sports coaches and trainers
• Teaching assistants who have confidence in Secondary schools
• Graduates with experience working with children
• Students with a bit of extra time in their week and experience working with students
• Support workers
• People who have volunteered in schools or in child-related activities
• Lunch-time supervisors, after school club supervisors and nursery assistants
• Extra-curricular club assistants (Scouts, Brownies etc)
Please be aware you MUST have previous experience working with students ages 11-16 that we can reference in order to clear you to work in schools.
Should you wish to be considered for this position, please Apply Now! We'd love to hear from you, even if it's just for questions about this role. You can find how to contact us directly on our website, please ask for Emily