Countryside Project Officer
£29,184 - £32,389 - plus market leading benefits package (see below)
We're looking for a Countryside Project Officer to join our Wider Sites team within Derbyshire County Council's Countryside Service.
If you want to become part of a busy, innovative, and forward thinking County-wide Countryside Service, and work with an exceptional and supportive team with over 40 years of well-established skills and expertise, then this role could be perfect for you.
This is an opportunity to help shape the future development of Countryside Services by contributing to the management of a diverse portfolio of high quality and improving sites across our beautiful county of Derbyshire.
Your focus will be to support the provision of high-quality countryside sites to Derbyshire residents and visitors alike and enable the smooth delivery of land management across the Service, supporting our front-line teams to deliver their work on the ground.
This is a varied role in support of the whole Service some key aspects of the role include:
* Being a key member of the Countryside Service's management team, you will lead on work to develop existing identified commercial development projects.
* Seeking opportunities to increase existing or develop new income streams from our land and buildings portfolio.
* Providing essential project and land management functions such as support for mapping and asset management, biodiversity and carbon offsetting opportunities.
* Being responsible for contract management including the liaison with contractors, clients, landowners and tenants.
* Contributing to the delivery of the statutory responsibilities of the portfolio of 100+ wider countryside sites across the county which includes multi-user trails, canals, woodlands, nature reserves and country parks.
* Contributing to a team through changing times to meet the challenges of a post-Covid world and the need for a greater emphasis on climate and biodiversity resilience.
This list is not exhaustive, please do take a look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail.
What skills/experience will you need?
* Be a creative team player with excellent IT, administration and communication skills, be well organised and have good attention to detail.
* It is a fast-paced and challenging role, requiring commitment and a positive attitude
* Experience of land and asset management would be a distinct advantage
* Have commercial development skills and experience of developing commercial projects and income streams.
* Have a degree or equivalent in Countryside Management/Recreation, or a related subject, or commercial project development skills and a background or interest in countryside management or a related field
In return, you will be joining a team of eager and ambitious countryside professionals and have a manager who is supportive and committed to your continuing professional development, as well as access to a range of employee benefits including:
* Generous annual leave
* Time off in lieu
* Generous local government pension scheme
* Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
* Cycle to work scheme
* A comprehensive wellbeing package
* Discounts at selected county leisure centres
Our team is contractually based in Matlock, Derbyshire, but as part of our Modern Ways of Working programme we are currently working on a hybrid basis. There'll be an opportunity to discuss future working arrangements at interview.
We're always pleased to hear from talented people, so if you've any questions about the opportunities that we have, please get in touch