Our client are a medium sized engineering firm who are looking to recruit a Contracts Engineer to join the team.
To provide a support role to the Service Centre Manager, coordinating repair jobs from enquiry through to job completion. This position will be supporting the Service Centre for the repair of equipment across numerous industries.
Day to Day Duties
* Submit quotations within agreed timescales
* To ensure that orders are correctly entered into the SAP system once received
* SAP in updated with correct information daily
* To produce accurate cost calculations and quotations for manufacture, repair or servicing of components
* Liaise with other departments on available capacity, raw material, sub contract requirements
* Frequent contact with clients to clarify tender requirements and negotiation on cost or delivery
* Achievement of department KPIs
* All documents prepared are in adherence to specifications and deadlines
* Works with vendors to ensure quality, delivery and cost requirements are met
* Regularly communicates with sales on status of repair orders
* Interact and provide repair status direct to customers
* Works with workshop personnel, sales, engineering and customer(s) to define repair and scheduling requirements
* Develop base cost for all jobs, parts orders, RFQs, etc., which includes labour, material and outside services
* Schedules work flow to ensure delivery requirements are met and facility resources are used efficiently (e.g., engineering, vendors, etc.)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent presentation and negotiating skills
* Highly numerate with excellent command of Microsoft office especially Excel, PowerPoint
* Experience of using SAP would be of benefit
* Ability to work within company policy and procedure
* Demonstrate ability to plan and prioritise workload to meet required time schedules
Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
Qualifications & Experience
Mechanical Craft Qualification to NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
BTEC qualification in Engineering.
Good engineering background with experience of Services & repair and maintenance of Pumps, Valves, compressors & Rotating Equipment.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Highly numerate with excellent command of Microsoft office especially Excel,
Experience of using SAP would be of benefit
Demonstrate ability to plan and prioritise workload to meet required time schedules
This position will be supporting the Service Centre for the repair, overhaul, upgrade of Pumps, Valves & services of rotating
37.5 hours working week Mon-Fri 8.00-16:00hrs.
33 Days Holiday - 25 annual plus 8 bank holidays
Death In Service
Employee Assistance Programme
Cycle To Work Scheme
To apply please forward your CV in word format