We are delighted to be working with a London based global insurance firm who due to rapid growth, are looking to appoint a Compliance Manager for their London based office. The successful candidate will be responsible for advising the business on, and ensuring compliance with, FCA rules and guidance including SMCR regime and the FCA s new consumer duty.The role of a Compliance Manager comes with some excellent benefits and a hybrid working model.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Minimum 4 years experience in a compliance advice or technical compliance role (ideally within insurance/financial services industry).
- Educated to bachelor s degree level preferable.
- Insurance/financial services and/ or compliance qualification preferable.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of regulatory compliance and good working knowledge of IDD and FCA ICOBS, SYSC, SUP, PROD, DISP.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of current compliance requirements and changes in regulation.
- Provide timely and relevant routine and ad hoc regulatory advice and assistance, delivering business focused compliant solutions.
- Support the Compliance Director and other members of the Compliance team in reporting to insurers and regulators and meeting contractual requirements.
- Review, roll out (and where appropriate challenge) Compliance policies and procedures and risk management frameworks.
- Reporting and escalation of breaches and regulatory risks within the Compliance team and appropriate business divisions and prepare reports for relevant committees and subsidiary boards.
- Review and sign off financial promotions, customer facing communications, scripts, and web journeys where appropriate.
- Ongoing review of product evaluations and conduct risk metrics.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to travel to the European head office on a monthly basis. For more information, please get in touch.