Red Snapper Justice are part of a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
We are recruiting on behalf of our Sandwell based client for a Communications Officer to assist with the development of communications strategy and lead on its implementation to reach a variety of audiences including survivors of interpersonal violence, fundraisers and supporters, agency partners, and the general public.
This is a full time permanent role and offers a salary of £24,310 - £27,125.
You will need a full driving license and access to own vehicle.
* Act as the first point of contact for media enquiries, draft press releases, internal and external branding enquiries
* Identify media opportunities, develop a database of contacts and build media relations to maximise positive media coverage for the client
* Interview staff and service users to participate in media opportunities, and ensure they are treated in an appropriate and safe manner
* Liaise with staff, volunteers and service users to develop, produce and order accessible and engaging marketing materials, including brochures, leaflets, banners, website updates, newsletters, email campaigns, impact reports and annual reports.
* Ensure all content is consistently branded, professional, targeted for the specific audience, and represents/is inclusive of diverse ethnicities, ages, abilities, sexualities, etc.
* Provide basic design and typesetting for internal/external publications, and work with external designers and marketing agencies where required.
* Coordinate internal staff and external stakeholder e-newsletters, to ensure all parties are kept up to date.
* Lead on the client's online presence, ensuring that BCWA's website and social media platforms are up to date, driving and responding to engagement.
* Run digital analytics, social media and media citation reports to evaluate & improve communications.
* Work with fundraising teams to produce promotional content for fundraising campaigns and provide media support as required.
* Work with staff teams to develop clear and effective communication plans for awareness campaigns and individual projects where needed.
* Help to develop our wider internal communications, ensuring staff, volunteers and clients have a clear understanding and awareness of our key messages and activities.
* Develop ways across all service areas to ensure that the voice of services users is captured throughout the year
* Maintain/update an annual planner of events, key dates for the diary, campaigns
* Collate, analyse and evaluate where the client is featured in the media and report to senior managers and Trustees on a regular basis
* An education to degree level or equivalent (NVQ Level 5), minimum Level 3
* Experience of working in a similar communications and/or PR role, delivering successful marketing campaigns and working with press/media
* Experience of developing website and social media content, delivering e-communications and using relevant software
* Have an understanding of the principles and practices of marketing
* Familiar with relevant legislation, government policy and good practice requirements
* Knowledge of the Violence Against Women and Girls Strategy and the gendered nature of violence
* Experience of applying health and safety, GDPR compliance and management
DBS check required for this role.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV to
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
If this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please feel free to refer them to us! We have a "Refer A Friend" bonus scheme and we will reward you retail vouchers for any referrals who are not already known to us and are successfully placed!
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer