We are recruiting for a Commercial & Contracts Manager for a leading Defence & Space organisation based either in Portsmouth or Stevenage. This is a hybrid role with 3 days a week on site, 2 days WFH.
* Management of all Commercial and Contractual aspects of allocated opportunities and contracts across a wide range of opportunities including ESA, UK GOV, UK MOD and prospective private corporations
* Work closely with key stakeholders to deliver profitable commercial solutions ensuring that commercial risks are highlighted and mitigated and required governance is followed
* Responsible for management of the commercial aspects of the acquire business / bidding process to establish the nature of new requirements, preparation of bid and governance paperwork, review and negotiation of terms and conditions of contracts and agreements
* Work with the Procurement organisation to advise on key contractual obligations and risks within the respective prime contracts and ensure flow down and mitigation accordingly
* Manage existing contracts in accordance with company procedures and contractual requirements, to ensure efficient and accurate performance of commercial activities, change management and prompt payment of invoices
* Develop rapport/relationship with customers to ensure smooth running of existing contracts
* Work flexibly providing support to the wider business as required to provide best in class commercial guidance and management
* Employ Commercial best practice, efficiency and responsiveness within an ethical environment
* Due to the nature of the role the successful candidate must be able to operate for extended periods under own initiative without direct supervision; with an understanding as to when it is appropriate to seek advice and escalation on commercial / contractual issues
* Communication is key, proactive as will be working with lots of teams.
* Proven negotiation and contract management skills, doesn't matter which customers
* Experience of working with UK Ministry of Defence, Governmental, and Non-Governmental customers in a commercial environment, defence industry.
* Experience with customers.
* Proven reputation as a self-starter, capable of delivering high quality workload with minimum supervision
* Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to interact and influence across a range of stakeholders
* Demonstrated experience within the commercial field (Sales / Bidding / Procurement / Commercial)
* International communication.
* Able to multitask, cover a number of contracts. Comfortable of handling multiple contact (study contracts).
* Flexible team player
This is an umbrella contract and the role is Inside IR35