Opportunity for someone within collections or credit control to take on a new and exciting opportunity.
- Service Provider
- Growing company and finance team
- Offices based in Basingstoke and across the UK
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunity
Collections Officer Requirements:
- Reviewing the company debtor list.
- Contacting customers and informing them of their overdue bills.
- Advising customers on their payment options and suggesting methods of payments.
- Negotiating suitable payment plans.
- Maintaining customer payment records.
- Preparing customer financial statements for banks and the state credit department.
- Writing final notice warnings to customers when payments are not being made.
- Instituting legal action when customers fail to pay their debt.
- Responding to customer queries.
- Contacting lawyers and insurance agencies to facilitate payments.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business management, or a similar field.
- Previous experience working as a Collections Officer.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with state debt collection laws.
- Knowledge of payment plans and accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of office and accounting software.
- Patience and resilience.
- Customer facing collections experience
- Great communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player
- Desire to work in collections
- Good at building and maintaining working relationships
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working
- Flexible hours
- Opportunity to develop
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension contributions