We are looking to appoint an experienced 5 Axis CNC Router Programmer/Operator. Working off your own initiative along with the capability to read and work from engineering drawings are both essential to this role. The parts are safety critical and therefore attention to detail is of the utmost importance.
The successful candidate will either be able to produce CAD/CAM programmes using our bespoke B Solid 5 Axis programming software from STEP files or sample components, or be a mechanical engineering graduate with excellent knowledge of Catia V5.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years' relevant experience and you must be able to read and work from Engineering/CAD drawings and Bills of Material. We are looking for a highly motivated person as you will be expected to work on your own initiative although you will still need to operate well within a team environment. We are seeking someone who is capable of working to deadlines and within time frames and who can work well under pressure. You will need to have very good attention to detail and a good level of concentration.
The successful candidate should have a proven background in CNC woodworking machinery programming and operating.
We operate a Biesse Rover A 5-Axis CNC Router machining centre (specific training will be provided).
The successful candidate will also be required to comprehend & operate (with training if necessary):
* CAD/CAM Software
* Production management system - Progress Plus
1. Setting, tooling up & operating the Biesse Rover A 5 Axis CNC Router.
2. Ability to read engineering drawings and calculate developed lengths.
3. Maintain a clean and safe working area to meet the requirements of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Policies.
4. Ensure all company policies and procedures are adhered to, to ensure compliance with the accredited Integrated Management System.
5. Wear PPE as required in accordance with Risk Assessments and all written instructions.
6. Practice and maintain 5S disciplines in accordance with quality standards.
7. Ensure hazardous waste is disposed of in accordance with the company environmental policy.
8. Undertake any other reasonable management request in line with the business needs.
* Previous experience of CNC Woodworking machinery / Programming.
* Mechanical Engineering Qualification - HND or equivalent.
* Experience working in a woodworking manufacturing /assembly / industrial environment.
* Understand and interrogate information on 2D drawings.
* Full Woodworking Jointing practices.
* Understanding of Bills of Materials.
* Understanding principles of cost effective manufacturing techniques.
* Providing additional support to the production team.
* Content with working extended hours or shift patterns.
* Flexible to working hours as schedules dictate.
* Reliable with a strong work ethic.
* General IT knowledge (Microsoft Office, etc).
* Experience with MRP system software.
* Eye for detail and pride in manufacturing aesthetically pleasing products.
* Able to work with minimal supervision / self-starter.
* Must embrace change and be willing to adopt new skills to support all areas of the business.
* To be flexible in a team-oriented environment