Cloud Software Engineer Specialist
Salary: £47,000 - £68,000
Location: Central London or Cheltenham
This is a fantastic opportunity for a mid to senior level Cloud Software Engineer Specialist to perfect their skills while working on cutting edge technology in classified environments. Progression opportunity is enormous with this client and at the forefront of their minds, as they like to develop their team into their more senior roles. The package is very competitive with a 15% pension, 10% discretionary bonus, 25 days off not inc. bank holidays, discounts on tech and share options on commencing of employment.
Due to the sensitive nature of our work, you will be required to gain and maintain high level government security clearance and be willing to undergo the initial enhanced screening. All job offers are conditional on these requirements.
* You need to be on a British Passport
* One or both of your parents also need to be on a Britsh Passport
* You will need to have UK residency for 9 out of the last 10 years
If you do not forfill this criteria - you application will not be processed.
About this role
As a Software Engineer working on cloud focused projects you'll be working within a fast paced, constantly evolving team, that delivers world class secure solutions that make a real difference to our customers. You'll be playing a leading role in the design and delivery of our cloud-based solutions, setting their technical direction, working directly with our customers and be deeply hands on in their implementation. As a customer focused team, you'll be working directly with customer throughout the delivery process.
You'll also be developing more junior members of the team, using your own cloud and professional experience to support their ongoing professional development.
You'll have the following responsibilities
* Providing the technical direction for the development and delivery of world class secure cloud-based solutions.
* Working directly with our customers to understand their requirements, and work collaboratively to define solutions
* Be hands on in the development of cloud-based solutions.
* Translating architectural designs into infrastructure-as-code defined solutions.
* Working with support teams to enable management and monitoring of cloud-based systems, and their own going support.
* Providing some ongoing support to deployed cloud-based solutions.
* Either line manage or act as a mentor to more junior cloud architects and developers with responsibility for assigning tasks and their own going professional development.
You'll have the following skills & experience
* Iterative full-stack MVC web development in appropriate languages (various node.js frameworks and python in use).
* Application of software engineering principles to complex systems at scale.
* Cloud architectures and the ability to appropriately apply the relevant techniques e.g. AWS Well Architected Framework, Event-driven workflows.
* Utilisation of Cloud (both compute and appropriate managed services). Primarily in AWS with growth likely into Azure and GCP.
* Managing infrastructure as code (Terraform).
* Micro-service and container-based deployment strategies, and a zero trust authorization model.
* Maintaining and operating capabilities through-life.
* Continuous improvement through Agile processes.
* A desire to continually update, enhance and validate cloud skills (both practical and certification).
Team Responsibilities and Functions
* Responsible for designing and deploying world leading cloud based solutions for our Customers.
* Mentoring and supporting the ongoing development of other members of the team.
* Sharing of best practice and new approaches with wider team.
Experience you would be expected to have
* Certification in AWS is desirable, but practical AWS experience is more important.
* Experience in internal and external stakeholder management and engagement
* Experience in either line managing a team or mentoring and developing more junior team members, being responsible for their on going professional development.
If this is sounds appealing then apply below. If you have any questions feel free to call or email