Senior Civil Engineering Package Manager - Bid management/Preconstruction/Operations
Location: North London
Salary: DOE + Package
My Client specialise in high quality external works and hard landscaping, as well as highway and civil engineering projects. Working across both public and private sectors, there integrated approach enables them to be agile and flexible so that they can adapt and deliver anything from small scale developments and improvements to multi-million pound projects.
Collaborating with some of the UK's finest architects and developers they have helped to create many iconic public spaces in and around London, and long may it continue. With no two jobs the same, the possibilities and opportunities are endless and their vocation is for people to enjoy tailor-made spaces.
My client is currently looking for a senior pre construction manager, with a vast operations/and bid management history. Specialising in civil engineering and ideally from a hard landscaping background.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Drive and energise the bid team to achieve a successful outcome for each allocated tender.
* Arrange all necessary internal meetings - Take off / Settlement and others identified in work winning process.
* Agree Bid Budget and monitor expenditure.
* Manage tender programme.
* Produce actions and appoint individuals to complete relevant items arising from the meetings / minutes. Drive actions to completion.
* Communication link to Client / Employers Agent + when we speak and don't speak with Third Parties
* Issue Ops / Commercial / Temp Works / Specialist third party briefs Identify Estimator and Planner requirements where necessary.
* Oversee designers Brief in conjunction with Technical Services
* Participate in review of suppliers to receive tender enquiries
* Work with commercial manager to understand route map to deliver margin set within business plan
* Arrange and co-ordinate tender and post-tender meetings / interviews with the Client / Employers Agent
* Ensure that the correct resources for the Quality Submission are in place and that timescales are met. (Deliverables tracker in place prior to take off)
* Manage / take part in the review of the Quality Submission
* Handover to the project delivery team for successful tenders
* Demonstrable experience of working on bids for medium/large size Civils projects
* Significant experience leading people and teams
* Computerised estimating systems and IT skills as appropriate
* Demonstrable experience within a range of sectors including Commercial, Residential and Data Centres