We are currently looking for hire two experienced Catering Supervisors to join our team in South Kensington. The successful applicants will be dynamic, hands on and keen to progress. They will be given a great deal of autonomy ta make their mark and deliver both excellence to the customers whilst managing a good budget. The opportunities for progression are then unlimited as the client is going through a period of tremendous growth.
Key responsibilities for the Catering Supervisors are
* The Catering Supervisor will need to ensure the venue is ready for opening times
* The Catering Supervisor is to brief and coordinate all relevant staff and team members to deliver a professional and efficient service
* Manage, support, coach, motivate and develop the Catering Assistants
* To conduct Personal Review and Development Plans for Catering Assistants.
* Arrange and/or deliver staff training programmes, as required, in order to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient service.
* The Catering Supervisor ensures portion control, staff meal allowances and wastage in accordance with departmental policies
* Order and receive goods in order to maintain an adequate service within food budget targets
* Ensure stock control/taking is conducted.
* To take a lead for the security, general repair and cleanliness of the venue
* Receive and record customer feedback
* Support the implementation and development of any agreed sales action plans
* Support the creation and implementation of sales promotions and staff incentives
* To manage annual leave requests ensuring adequate staffing levels at all times
* To assist the line manager with monitoring and managing staff absence in accordance with the Companies policies
* Assist with the arranging and/or delivering of staff training programmes, as required, in order to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient service
* Foster a positive working environment and promote team work to provide a fast and effective service.
* Assist in identifying areas of customer service where improvements can be made, and helping to implement solutions
* Supervise events within area of responsibility, as requested, in liaison with Catering hospitality staff
* Carry out general Catering Assistant duties, as required and in line with operational needs
* Experience being a catering supervisor in a cafe or restaurant is essential
To apply you must have experience managing a catering outlet. This could be a licenced or unlicenced premises where both food and drinks are served. Ideal skills are in an internal establishment such as higher education outlet, head office catering environment or private venue but the key is the combination of catering and supervisory experience