We are currently looking to recruit a Cabling Supervisor to work on our Telecom Contract in the Essex and Suffolk, based out of our Brentwood office. The person will have a proven track record in Supervision of Cabling gangs.
The Purpose of this position is to ensure a scheduled programme of work is delivered on time, to budget in a safe, quality manner across all products. The Supervisor oversees the day to day operational duties of the field engineers (both supply chain and direct labour) and ensure quality service is being performed. They are also responsible for co-ordination, delegation, supervision & quality control of onsite works, including responsibility for performance.
For the successful candidate, previous experience of managing operational teams on the Openreach network is essential for this role.
As Supervisor, your duties & responsibilities will be:
* Demonstrate a structured and consistent approach to the Supervision of all Field Operatives across both Flex and Civils whether they are Direct Labour or Sub-Contractor resources.
* Work in conjunction with the Regional Co-Ordinators to ensure all estimates have suitable start dates, with allocated resources and dependencies in line with project plans.
* Responsible for 'on the day' delivery of all works within the region in a Safe, Quality and On Time manner.
* Identify areas for improvement at a supplier level providing feedback to the management team.
* Attend planned supplier CRM's when requested and provide support to help them succeed in delivery.
* Support the delivery of the business units KPI's, identifying area for improvements against the key measures to continual improve supplier performance.
* Support Suppliers achieve key objectives and goals implemented by management.
* Stakeholder management within the customer base at operational level.
* Work in conjunction with our Co-ordinators to identify areas of success and improvement. Attending stakeholder calls.
* Have an awareness of financial impact relating to performance and compliance.
* Provide direction and governance through the supply chain to deliver improvements in line with any agreed streetworks, quality or safety improvement plans.
* Manage HA stakeholders and attend relevant streetworks meetings as and when required.
* Feedback risk to the management team in line with our KPI's and strategy.
* Sponsor and support new ways of working which would improve delivery and service then support any activities being undertaken to implement change.
* General coaching & support (supplier management)
* Working collaboratively & in line with our policies
* Embed works mobile and whereabouts adherence with our supply chain.
* Ensure supplier resource, commitments are in place as per works volume, business critical items.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
* Experience of managing operational teams on the Openreach network essential
* A proven track record of working at a Senior Supervisory level within the Telecoms Industry or other similar utilities.
* Experience in Cabling and Splicing.
* Ability to provide management to field based teams working remotely
* A basic understanding of both financial and commercial activities and dependencies.
* Ability to understand and implement agreed plans which support the needs of the business and support operational effectiveness.
* The ability to work collaboratively with Stakeholders both within the client arena and the supply chain.
* An ability to understand and operate within a process driven environment.
* A strong technical background across multiple disciplines that are relevant to projects being overseen is necessary