Manufacturing Operative / Cabin Fitter, Based in Marchwood, Southampton, working days Monday to Friday (sociable hours), Salary: £11.82 - £13ph (depending on skills / experience) + overtime at time + half, 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays), pension, life insurance and excellent training / career development opportunities.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Operative / Modular Cabin Fitter to join the market leading provider of Portable cabins, Secure Storage Solutions, Modular buildings and associated. The depot operation stores and prepares the units ready for hire or sale, installing, refurbishing and modifying as required. We are keen to hear from handy candidates with experience in a similar role e.g. Manufacturing Operative, Assembly Operative, Fabricator / Fitter, Production Operative, Multi Trade operative, Maintenance Operative or similar.
There are clear career progression routes and opportunities to train to progress in to role such as a Sprayer, Senior Fitter or regional maintenance operative working at customer sites.
The role: The company's Cabin Fitters are multi-skilled and carry out a variety of tasks every day whilst refurbishing the fleet of cabins (wood, plastic and steel) for hire. Full training and the opportunity to develop your skills and gain specific qualifications will be available. Once fully trained, you may be involved in;
- Fitting and removal of partitions, floors, ceilings & other fittings
- Cleaning units or preparing furniture for the units
- Manual preperation for painting
- Completing basic plumbing installing sinks, taps, worktops, water heaters, hand dryers etc.
- Removal and fitting wall and ceiling panels
- Replace plywood flooring
- All other general maintenance, repair, assembly and fitting work as required.
The environment is a busy one, with lots of variety and plenty of opportunity to develop your skills. You would need to have a willingness to learn; the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team; a flexible approach to work and overtime.
- Preferably have experience in a manual role within a manufacturing environment e.g. Manufacturing Operative, Assembly Operative, Fabricator / Fitter, Production Operative or similar.
- Experience of using power tools would be highly advantageous.
- A good understanding of H&S, quality and manufacturing processes would be advantageous.
- A good work ethic and positive attitude with the desire to train, develop and learn new skills.
If this sounds like the opportunity, you have been looking for then please apply by attaching your CV.
Equal opportunities and diversity: Our client respect and value differences and are passionate about their people, their customers and the planet. They nurture an environment where all differences are valued, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. They are committed to building a culture that brings together the very best of their people and their unique skills, experiences, abilities and where they can flourish.
In joining the team, you will be able to apply and develop your skills and knowledge as part of a collaborative team that is helping to innovate and play a part in building a better future and creating value for their customers, their people, society and the planet.