Innovative and growing FMCG business require a Buyer with some strategic procurement capability. This is an exciting time to join the organisation, as they have recently implemented a new ERP system and the order book is full.
Strategic Buyer will work with a team of Buyers and Purchasing Assistants. The core focus of the role is to provide a strategic procurement offering to the business and work closely with the Procurement Manager in regards to cost savings, supplier relationship management and the development of category strategies.
Specific duties of the Buyer include:
- Supply market intelligence activities - tracking of commodity prices, market trends, supplier landscape etc.
- Development of suppliers to achieve quality, cost, delivery, technical and innovation to the business
- Negotiation with suppliers
- Help develop category focused strategies in conjunction with Procurement Manager
- Support best practice and process improvement initiatives
Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Experience in procurement as a Buyer, or similar purchasing role
- Commercial acumen or strategic procurement ability
- Experience with, or understanding of MRP/ERP
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills