Business Development Executive - Home office based
A new role has been created for a proactive business developer with a record of success in B2B media/sponsorship sales.
Our business supports a clearly defined niche via a portfolio of digital publications, membership of a trade association, and (when market conditions allow) tickets for live events including national & regional conferences, training courses and awards.
Our requirement is for a bright, articulate individual who can identify opportunities for the effective sale of our products - whether advertising, sponsorship or membership - present the best options for each prospect and close sales.
We are initially seeking candidates who are confident in their sales abilities and keen to join a small tightly knit team where ongoing support, training in our products and services, warm sales leads, and a very generous commission is offered. Personal integrity is vital as will be checkable professional references.
You will be:
* A self-starter with tenacity & a strong desire to succeed
* Self-disciplined, meticulous & able to work with minimum supervision
* Experienced in achieving sales by leveraging the full range of contact channels - email, telephone and, when it becomes possible again, in-person at our business events
* Very well organised with meticulous attention to detail and very personable
* A strong territory manager - skilled at upselling as well as building profitable long-term relationships
* Keen to progress with our Company & to play a key role in its ongoing mission of serving our diverse client base
* Completely trustworthy & reliable
You will have proven experience to bring to this role which should include:
* Sales of advertising & sponsorship products to a sophisticated business audience
* A good knowledge of both print & digital media
* Strong new business development & client reactivation ability
* Excellent command of written & spoken English
* Preparation of client proposals
* Strong IT skills: data recording, spreadsheets, reports & sales messaging
* Marketing acuity, possibly also new product development skills
The role can be performed remotely during standard business hours. It will largely involve making individual contact with prospects via email to secure telephone/Zoom appointments. You will be working from the company's bespoke database within a designated territory, and will need to be fully au-fait with recording contact notes, diarising appointments, confirming & processing orders, as well as reporting on progress.
The Company is open to considering reliable part time as well as full time working arrangements.
Remuneration will primarily comprise commission on sales. Further information will be discussed at interview