We are working with a well established law firm, who are looking to recruit a Legal Secretary to join their team. The prime role of the Legal Secretary is to personally assist the Fee Earner to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency.
- Using word processing and audio-typing to prepare correspondence and documents.
- To draft straight forward legal documents under supervision.
- Prepare and send emails.
- Deal accurately with filing, storage and retrieval of Client files and assist Fee Earners to maintain orderly files.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of all Practice and Client's documentation and information and recognise that any breach of this confidentiality will be treated seriously.
- Communicate at all times clearly and with a pleasant and professional manger.
- To attend to Clients both on the telephone and in person promptly. To take and record accurately any messages and pass on to the appropriate person.
- To deal with routine and difficult enquires from telephone callers and visitors effectively and efficiently.
- To ensure incoming post/deliveries are sorted, checked and directed to the appropriate staff promptly.
- Co-ordinate and process outgoing post for mailing.
- Carry out routine housekeeping on own PC, eg: delete unwanted emails.
- Clean and look after own PC and telephone.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain up to date diaries.
- Carry out any other administrative duties, as required by the firm.
- Compliance with processes for the firm's accreditations/accounts and administrative disciplines and procedures and policies.
- 1 year minimum experience in a Legal Secretary role.
- Sound word processing and audio-typing skills together with appropriate administrative skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good telephone skills.
- Able to work on own initiative and under pressure.
- Good time management and organisation skills.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (3 days to be taken between Christmas and New Year)
- Pension via NEST standard contributions
- Free on site parking
- Birthday off (if falls on a week day)
- Xmas Eve off (if falls on a week day)
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975. Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.