Assistant Park Manager
Regent's Park, London (potentially working in other parks on occasion)
The Royal Parks (TRP) is a charity created in March 2017. We manage over 5,000 acres of diverse parkland, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments in eight Royal Parks across London. These are: Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, The Green Park, St James's Park, The Regent's Park and Primrose Hill, Greenwich Park, Richmond Park and Bushy Park.
We also manage other important public spaces including Brompton Cemetery and Victoria Tower Gardens. Our eight Royal Parks and other public spaces are among the most visited attractions in the UK with 77 million visits every year.
We are now looking for an Assistant Park Manager to join us on a permanent, full-time basis and help oversee the day-to-day operational management of The Regent's Park and Primrose Hill.
- Salary of £40,191- £47,574 per annum, depending on experience, plus an on-call allowance
- 26 days' holiday plus bank holidays (increasing to 29 days after 3 years' service)
- Health cash plan and medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Reduced price gym membership
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme - available to all staff and family members
If you have extensive park or landscape management experience, this is an excellent opportunity to take on a key role supporting some of London's most iconic spaces.
In this engaging position, you'll have the chance to contribute to the success of timeless tourist destinations, preserving their natural beauty for future generations to enjoy.
What's more, you'll have the chance to get involved in a variety of activities all centred around conserving and enhancing the parks, meaning no two days will be the same. Interested? Apply today!
As an Assistant Park Manager, you will carry out a range of activities throughout The Regent's Park, Primrose Hill and, occasionally, other parks, to ensure they remain beautiful and welcoming havens for the public.
Working as one of two Assistant Park Managers, you will ensure the parks are presented to the highest standards.
You will develop sustainability initiatives, focus on Health and Safety and monitor the operation of contracts for services including catering, facilities management and landscape maintenance.
Additionally, you will:
- Design and implement planting schemes
- Undertake selection and procurement of horticultural items
- Provide support on planning and licensing matters
- Manage individual budgets
- Assist with the management of park events and filming
To join us as an Assistant Park Manager, you will need:
- Broad experience and a sound knowledge of park management, including sustainability, biodiversity, facilities management, arboriculture and amenity horticulture
- Knowledge and experience of contract management including writing and reviewing specifications, ordering and supervision of work and handling general contract issues
- Experience of proofreading, and writing and presenting reports to a high standard
- Significant experience of using IT packages, including the Microsoft Office suite, landscape and/or facilities management software and the ability to learn new packages
- A thorough knowledge of Health and Safety principles, roles and responsibilities
- To hold, or be prepared to achieve, a WAMITAB level 4 certification
- A relevant qualification at degree level, or equivalent e.g., BSc Horticulture, or considerable relevant experience
- A full, valid driving licence
This is a full-time role working 36 hours per week and will include participation in an on-call rota which would require you to attend the park on average one weekend in four. Some additional evening and weekend work may also be required. Due to the participation in the on call rota, you must live within 60 minutes travel of The Regent's Park or be willing to relocate to a lodge in the park if one is available.
The closing date for this role is 26th June 2022.
Other organisations may call this role Assistant Landscape Manager, Assistant Contracts Manager, Landscape Supervisor, Park Supervisor, Senior Park Officer, or Senior Landscape Officer.
Webrecruit and The Royal Parks are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking an engaging and varied role as an Assistant Park Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency