Our client is a global manufacturer of mens, ladies and childrenswear. They now have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Merchandiser to join their menswear team, based in Manchester.
Assistant Merchandiser: The Role:
- Ensure the correct quality submissions are submitted to the customer within the correct lead-time.
- To be an efficient communicator between customer and supplier. Relaying product information between customers and factories in a clear and concise manner both by telephone and e-mail
- Enabling approvals on time and ensuring shipment and delivery to customer is on time. Following up any problems / quality issues which arise.
- Relaying product information between the team, in a clear and concise manner to ensure they are aware of any new developments or changes to orders.
- Raising purchase orders.
- Check and send label orders to their offices and suppliers in the Far East.
- Liaising with import department to ensure, that they are informed of any delivery amendments in order for goods to be processed and delivered on time.
- Work with customers, designers and directors/salesman to develop enquiries and confirm orders with the customer.
- Check all details on the customer contracts and passing all relevant details to the supplier and account manager.
- Ensure critical path / summary is updated as amendments are agreed - i.e. price, shipment, quantity etc.
- Working with the account manager, designers, garment techs, suppliers and customer to finalise all aspects of new orders.
Assistant Merchandiser: The Candidate
- Degree or equivalent relating to the clothing industry is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, efficient and can work to tight deadlines, within a fast paced environment.
- Experience of Excel, Word and e-mail applications is required
- Experience within the clothing industry is desirable
- Previous experience as a wholesale /import merchandiser is desirable
- Experience with liaising with the Far East would also be desirable
Assistant Merchandiser: The Package
- Competitive salary dependant on experience.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.