Our client is a British Heritage Retailer based in South West London. They are currently looking for an Assistant Merchandiser on womenswear.
Assistant Merchandiser - The Role:
- Measure performance against plan, identifying trading risks & opportunities. Review product performance at line level on a weekly basis, and compile proposals to manage risk & realise opportunity.
- Produce analysis of product performance to support trading decisions.
- Formulate markdown proposals within the agreed divisional plan to be signed off by the JM.
- Oversee intake management across the department, ensuring this is monitored accurately weekly and monthly and that any late deliveries are highlighted.
- Manage group product launches and agree action to allow the release in the event of short/late deliveries. Amend allocation plans by store based on trading decisions.
- Under the guidance of the JM, reforecast the WSSI for monthly and quarterly rolls, reflecting business trading strategy.
- Plan and re-forecast continuity flow lines. Manage monthly order placement and intake plans with suppliers to maintain plan stock levels
- Produce the OTB document weekly to enable the Merchandisers to manage the buy in accordance with the range plan and total buy plan.
- Work with Production teams to maintain accurate and up to date buy information on the Range Plan and system
- Support the JM in updating Product planning and range sign off documents with history.
- Produce historical analysis and lessons learnt to support planning decisions
- Produce buy analysis and summary for range building and sign off.
- Produce historical size analysis and size ratios for the buy.
- Demonstrate market awareness including competitor activity
- Understand the target customer and awareness of and works within Brand values
- Manage, motivate and develop MAA through regular meetings to review tasks and training needs
Assistant Merchandiser - The Candidate:
- Formal qualifications: Educated to degree level or equivalent, GCSE Maths or equivalent
- Commercial and product focused
- Demonstrably computer literate in spreadsheets
- High level of numeracy required
- Track record confirmed through promotions within businesses worked in
- Assistant Merchandiser/ Senior MAA experience
- Multi-location retailer background
- Market awareness and understanding of target customer
- Positive attitude and adaptable to constantly changing retail environment
Assistant Merchandiser - The Package:
- Competitive, dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.