Our celebrated client is looking for an Advice and Learning Supervisor with experience of advice quality assessment to join their team based in Walton on Thames.
Advice and Learning SupervisorWalton-on-Thames, Greater London KT12 1BUPart Time, Permanent Role£27,000 pro rata (£10,200 for 14 hours p/w)
Please Note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Our client is a registered charity and they help thousands of people every year with issues including housing, debt, benefits, and employment. Their services are funded by local and national contracts and project grants, and they work with a range of stakeholders including local authorities and community partners. They are an expanding local charity with 28 staff members working alongside over 40 volunteers to provide advice across Elmbridge.
They have an opportunity for an Advice and Learning Supervisor who is passionate about providing an effective service to those most in need and who is not afraid to drive change and improvement. The ideal person will thrive in a multi-faceted environment and have a positive 'can do attitude.
Purpose of the Role:
- Supervision to the volunteers on daily rota carrying out generalist advice.
- To support the training of new Advisers and provide guidance throughout their training.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Support advice service training and contribute to the modernisation of the service.
- Monitor the quality of advice given to clients and ensure that appropriate feedback is given to Advisers and corrective action is taken.
- Ensure all relevant policies and procedures are followed.
- Respond to advice requests.
- Supervise, support and direct the work of Advisers in service delivery.
- Support the development of volunteers into Advisers.
- Ensure effective performance management of volunteers.
Training and Development:
- To assist with supported interviews, assessed interviews and regular reviews of volunteers.
- Identify the training needs of volunteers and contribute to the organisation s training and development plan.
- Ensure that relevant Research and campaigning issues are identified and raised from the generalist service and if appropriate, suggest improvements.
- Monitor services provision to ensure it reaches the widest possible client group.
- You will be advice trained with experience of advice quality assessment, ideally also with Advice Service Supervision experience with recent and ongoing experience of advice work.
- Experience of supervising staff and volunteer advice workers to achieve required standards.
- Understanding of the importance of support, development and motivation.
- Effective communicator - both orally and in writing.
- Experience of working to prescribed quality standards.
- Ability to prioritise own work and the work of others, meet deadlines and manage workload.
- Ability to give and receive feedback objectively.
- A flexible approach and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain recording systems and procedures, using IT as appropriate.
- Understanding of and commitment to the aims of our client and its equal opportunities policies.
- Ability to undertake research and campaigning work.
- Fantastic opportunities to launch and develop careers in the voluntary sector developing a wealth of useful knowledge, skills and experience.
- Excellent training opportunities.
- An organisation that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, well-being, creativity and flexibility.
- The chance to work with amazing people within a nationally recognised charity.
- A pension scheme with an employer contribution of 6%.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team and influence change and improvement across our client's organisation. Apply Now!
How to apply for the Advice and Learning Supervisor role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click "apply" today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
No agencies please.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Volunteer Team Leader, Volunteer Supervisor, Advice and Learning Coordinator, Advice and Learning Manager, Advice and Learning Jobs Greater London, Charity Jobs Greater London, Advice Session Supervisor.