Connect2Kent are looking for an Administration Assistant to join an ongoing temporary assignment within Kent County Councils Mental Health Team to help Provide an administrative/clerical/secretarial support service to assist in the smooth running of the service.
- Full time, Monday to Friday (37 hours per week)
- £10.00 per hour
- Based in Maidstone, Kent.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Type a range of documents using Word, including letters, memos and meeting notes, checking and amending were necessary to ensure that the final version is accurate.
- Act a the main point of contact for the Unit/section, answering routine enquiries, assessing the nature of telephone calls, and referring them to the appropriate person in liaison with the line manager where necessary, and receiving visitors in a courteous, prompt and efficient manner, to ensure that staff, service users and members of the public who contact the Unit are dealt with efficiently and consistently.
- Use an accurate filing system, so that documents can be found quickly and easily.
The following outlines the criteria for this post:
- Literacy and numeracy skills - ability to read and write, put items in alphabetical order, add and subtract figures and to use a calculator
- Computer literacy - ability to use a computer and produce a range of accurate documents, using Windows WP package and basic spreadsheet/database and accurately input information, once training has been provided
- Ability to work to deadlines, eg when studying
- Ability to interact courteously and confidently with other people
- Confidence and ability to ask questions relating to achieving the task
- Confident telephone manner and ability to write down accurate messages
- Good organisational skills, gained either through a course of study or within paid or voluntary work
- Ability to use a filing system, once training has been provided.
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.