RESPONSIBLE TO: Manager and Directors
Main Aims of the Activities Coordinator Job
* To ensure that residents of the Home are engaged with recreational activities to suit their needs and personalities.
* To prepare activities taking into account the needs of our residents such as emotional, physical and psychological requirements.
* To organise their time allotted to ensure that all residents in the Home are provided with suitable activities.
Activities Coordinator Key Responsibilities
* To find out what activities residents would like to do and what activities are suitable for them. To then carry out those activities and record the outcome of those activities. (See Activities Questionnaire)
* To prepare appropriate activities when required.
* Ensure that all activities are rotated on a regular basis to allow for diversity.
* To spend the allotted time with each client group such as those groups in the lounge, those who are in their own rooms, those who suffer from Dementia and those who have capacity
* To arrange outside trips, such as to the theatre etc agreed by the Manager and Director. Ensure the Home's vehicle is available for the trip in the first instance.
* To ensure you have arranged all the necessary requirements such as gaining necessary consents before taking part in activities.
* To arrange appropriate care staff to attend when necessary.
* To ensure that you gain a full history of each new resident to keep on file.
* To ensure you keep the activities folder up-to-date each week.
* To ensure close attention is paid to the assistance of residents with limited mobility and physical difficulties and to make the best use of aids provided.
* To develop a relationship of trust and friendship with the residents.
* To ensure you are well organised and flexible at all times