My client are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their very busy Revenue team at their Head Office location in Gatwick. This is an exciting opportunity to join an award winning and successful legal firm with a great future for career progression.
The role will involve accurate billing of WIP and disbursements. Making sure the WIP and disbursements are recovered and to include the posting and writing off disbursements, reconciliation of ledgers, bill production and posting and writing off disbursements.
There is a large emphasis on billing and solid experience will be required for this area. Ideally experienced gained from another legal firm would be highly advantageous, however experience from a professional organisation where the billing of time is required would also be suitable for this role.
Skills and Experience:
* Previous experience of Solicitors Accounts Rules
* Experience of bill production including fees/time, disbursements and VAT requirements
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Good computer literacy - particularly in MS Excel
* Professional and calm approach and ability to work to tight deadlines
* Understanding of fee earner time recording
* Knowledge of disbursements to include purchase/counsel fee ledgers
* Flexible working approach and willing to travel to other offices when required for meetings, training etc