EPA Associates are currently looking for 2 x Social workers Level 3. Our client deals with the public sector. The Role is a temporary role, which will continue for approximately four months. The Role is to undertake permanency related work.
* Carry out initial viability assessments and associated checks
* Carrying out full viability assessments on family members and friends who may become connected persons/alternative carers long term and associated checks
* Undertake other permanency related work, including adoption and the writing of the CPR.
Role and responsibilities
We require candidates who possess the following:
* Understanding and working knowledge of relevant legislation which governs social work practice and permanency planning
* Ability to communicate effectively with children, families, colleagues, and partners
* Ability to risk assess family members and friends to ensure care placements are safe and secure
* Ability to meet timescales and work to deadlines
* Knowledge and experience of court work and care proceedings
* Excellent written skills and an ability to produce high-quality reports
* Understanding of what contributes to placement stability, good outcomes for children and the Role of contact and active supervision of contact longer term
* An ability to plan transitions and formulate realistic and appropriate contact plans over short, medium, and long term.
* An ability to carry out sibling assessments
* An ability to work closely with our Permanency Team
* Understanding and an ability to carry out work with SGO's and present cases at Permanency Panel
* Prepare paperwork for ADM sign off
* Ability to work under pressure and be adaptable and flexible in approach
Essential requirements (qualifications and skills)
* DBS forms
* Social work England
* Driver License
* Five years of references (employment history no gaps)
The successful candidates will be joining fieldwork teams in Nottingham and will work across several teams dependent on need. There are 12 social worker teams across north, central, and south Nottingham.
The successful candidates will remain in these posts for a minimum of 3 months while we test out this skill mix pilot.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within busy fieldwork teams which will have a focus on permanency planning for children and young people. You will contribute to driving forward plans to secure permanent long-term arrangements for children and young people to avoid them drifting in the system